Residential Youth Counselor
SailFuture’s Residential Youth Counselors provide love, support, and accountability to six teenage boys living in a large family foster home.
Counselors have a 3-day work week, travel the world via sailboat, and receive complimentary room & board in addition to a generous compensation package.
The ultimate benefit? An one-of-a-kind opportunity to fundamentally alter the life trajectories of young men in foster care.
This is a live-in position and you have a separate bedroom with electronic lock and a shared bathroom with a colleague.
Mornings are busy with wake-ups, breakfast, and motivational talks to get our kiddos to school (they attend our own off-site private high school – the SailFuture Academy.
Afternoons are filled with house projects and extracurricular activities until dinner. Evenings are busy with cooking, cleaning, and getting the boys settled into their bedrooms. Lights are usually out by 11pm.
Twice a year, we break from our daily routine to lead our kiddos through 6-week sailing expeditions (Caribbean in the winter and New England in the summer).
The ideal candidate is deeply passionate about social justice, patient, and possesses strong leadership abilities.
- Work with mental health, education, and case management teams to ensure consistency across youth’s individual treatment and case plans
- Assist with with job searches and applications
- Teach basic life skills: laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Home management: maintenance, landscaping, etc
- Grocery shopping
- Daily room checks for cleanliness
- Nightly bed checks
- Administer and log medication
- Schedule medical and dental appointments
- Assist with general transportation needs
- Implement treatment plans and coordinate with all other teams
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Program Director
Team player committed to doing whatever it takes for youth in their care
- Experience working with at-risk youth, specifically teenagers
- Excellent communicator and problem solver
- Passion for adventure
- Sailing experience is a plus, but not required
- This is a Live-in position. You will be expected to live on-site on your working days, but not required to on your off-days.
Total Compensation: $60,100 per year
$38,000 per year
- $2,100 Max 401k Contribution per year
- $250 monthly health insurance reimbursement
- On-Site Housing and Meals (Est. Value - $12,000 per year)
- 80 hours PTO
- Access to sailboats and kayaks during time off