About SailFuture Academy
The SailFuture Academy is a purposefully disruptive, private nonprofit high school in St. Petersburg, Florida.
We believe that our work should be meaningful and purposeful. Our ideal candidate is passionate about SailFuture’s mission and is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of impacted youth within our community.
Our mission is to empower at-risk students to achieve economic freedom and social mobility through character development and pragmatic, project-based learning.
A SailFuture Academy Educator has a unique opportunity to utilize real-world curriculum to teach students the skills, character, and knowledge necessary to navigate their life and career successfully.
- Develop course materials aligned to objectives
- Engage students in meaningful learning experiences
- Establish meaningful relationships with students and families
- Serve as the primary parent contact and campus advisory leader for 10-15 students
- Submit daily behavior and assignment feedback for each student
- Develop student and family engagement activities
SailFuture is a small team and values in-person collaboration. This position reports directly to our Head of School and maintains a Monday through Friday, 8am - 5pm with some after 5pm and weekend time required for recruitment and community events.
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Experience leading teams
- Previous experience in teaching, training, or education
- Possess a ‘whatever it takes’ mentality
- Flexible and able to thrive in a start-up environment
- Successful track record working with at-risk youth
- $250 per month employee health contribution
- 401k with 6% match
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off