School Intervention Specialist
SailFuture Academy is recruiting a dynamic and relatable leader to motivate and support students in a project-based high school.
SailFuture Academy invites applications for two full-time Youth Intervention Specialists. This hybrid position is responsible for driving the school bus in the morning and afternoon, as well as supporting students throughout the school day.
Intervention specialists will be responsible for assisting with effective implementation of school curriculum, processes, and procedures. The ideal candidate(s) will charismatically engage students who may temporarily disengage from class or need to step away in order to refocus their attention.
About SailFuture Academy
SailFuture Academy is a purposefully disruptive educational model based in St. Petersburg, Florida. Our mission is to empower at-risk students to achieve economic freedom and social mobility through an equitable and exceptional school model driven by character development and pragmatic, project-based learning.
SailFuture Academy operates on a year-round calendar with 5 terms. This calendar provides meaningful breaks to students and faculty throughout the year, as well as ample planning time for faculty to regroup and prepare high-quality and individualized lesson plans for their students. Students attend class for 8-9 weeks each term which is followed by a 2- week break for students and a week of protected break time and a week of protected planning time for faculty.
- Monday-Friday 7am - 4pm
- Driving a school bus to pick-up and drop-off of students each day
- Help ensure a safe classroom environment, both physically and emotionally
- Ensure students uphold community standards in the classroom and within our community
- Create a space for students to fail forward in order to improve their mastery of target objectives
- Able to provide real-time, constructive feedback students to help student growth
- Provide individualized input for each student in term-end review meetings
- Skilled at working with teens in a one-on-one environment
- Establish meaningful relationships and build trust with students to assist in improving their behavior, educational performance, and social relationships
The faculty recruitment team is excited to review applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and are seeking candidates who possess the following:
- CDL endorsement or willing to obtain preferred
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Willingness to learn and provide feedback
- Undaunted by new, unique challenges in order to catalyze meaningful social change
- Excited to create inclusive spaces where each student is seen, heard, and valued
- Patient and empathetic with a big heart and a desire to support students through challenges.
- Collaborative in their approach
- Ready, willing and eager to be flexible and pitch in when and as needed
- Entrepreneurial in their thinking and a creative problem solver
- Leadership and effective communication, both written and oral
- Passionate about reimagining education
- $15-$17.50 per hour, DOE
- Payment for CDL certification course
- 401k with 6% match
- $250 monthly health insurance contribution
Initial interviews will take place by video conference with finalists invited to campus for an in-person interview and teaching demonstration. Additionally, finalists will be asked to submit at least three references and/or letters of recommendation. For more information about SailFuture Academy, see our website: www.sailfuture.org/academy