Who we are:
SailFuture operates a wraparound continuum of services for 14-22 year old youth in foster care in St. Petersburg, Florida. We take pride in our reputation as an innovative organization that brings thoughtful and effective solutions to a strained and sometimes broken foster care system.
Our continuum of services includes foster parent recruitment and training, case management, residential care, challenging sailing experiences, a private school, job training, and behavioral health services.
Who we’re looking for:
SailFuture’s Case Management Supervisor will oversee and lead a specialized unit for 50 teens. The supervisor will work with 4 case managers, each with a maximum 1:13 ratio, to ensure that all teens in our care are not only receiving the highest quality of case management, but also wraparound services to meet their multifaceted needs.
The supervisor should have excellent communication and motivational skills and lead in such a way that empowers their team to adopt a “whatever it takes” mentality for the children in our care. Unlike a traditional CMO, our agency expects supervisors and case managers to provide wraparound services and go beyond traditional case management responsibilities.
The supervisor should have a strong knowledge of Florida’s child welfare statutes and operating procedures at our partner agencies, Eckerd Connects and Lutheran Services of Florida.
Finally, the supervisor is expected to build their own individual relationships with the 50 teens in our care while supporting their case managers to do the same.
This is a salaried position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
M - F: 8am - 5pm
- 15-30 min check in with all Case Managers every other day
- Review all items in CM’s Notion Priority list
- Review CM’s plan to complete all items due in the next 7-days
- Ensure accountability for all items in the CM’s “Overdue Tasks Lists”
- Review FSFN Entries to ensure that all entries are made within 24 hours
- Each morning the Ops Manager should check the Progress Notes database view and enter all outstanding notes in FSFN.
- Manage the day-time behavior specialist team schedule and priorities
- Participate in related staffings, hearings, and other meetings related to each case
- Ensure that all youth have targeted plans for behavior intervention and that all logistics have been organized to ensure that each youth’s daytime needs are met
- Assist case managers with time and priority management to ensure that all case needs are met
- Monitor Slack to ensure that CM’s are meeting documentation expectations
- Relevant case activity is in Slack based on CM’s daily activity
- CM’s are completing Daily Recaps of work completed each day
- By Friday at 4pm, ensure that all youth on night-to-night placement have day program placements / weekend supervision plans
- Participate in weekly team meetings with the Supervisor and Director Team
- Lead weekly team meetings with case managers
- Conduct case supervision
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and termination of case managers
- Lead quarterly performance reviews with all staff
Manage and supervise new case transfer staffings
- Accompany all new case workers in court proceedings and provides coaching, guidance, and training
- Ensure timely submission of paperwork for social security funds
- Ensure that vital records for each child are secured by case managers (social security card, birth certificate, parents death certificates, etc.)
- Ensure proper documentation and file management for all records
- Review case worker family assessments, home studies, court reports, case plans, and other records to ensure quality, thoroughness, and consistency.
- Ensure that case managers maintain communication with parents, their service providers, and ensure that timely and regular referrals are made for all needed services
- Assist with general transportation needs
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the director
- Dependency Case Management Supervisor Experience; BA/BSW or MA/MSW or 3 years certified Case Management experience
- 4 year bachelor’s degree or higher
- Team player committed to doing whatever it takes for youth in their care
- PASSION and experience working with at-risk teens
- Excellent communicator and problem solver
- Passion for adventure
- Up to $250 monthly health insurance contribution
- 401k with up to 6% employee match
- 15 Days PTO
- 8 Paid Holidays (New Years, MLK, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Veterans, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Days)
- Work cell phone
- Work laptop
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel